While the library will always be a haven for the printed page, it is also evolving to meet the information needs of today’s society. Technology has already changed the world, and we are here to help you keep up with the changes. From instructive books and movies, to group classes or one-on-one assistance, we want to provide the tools you need for whatever technology challenges you want to conquer.
At Elsie Quirk Library, we offer a variety of one-on-one tech help sessions with either a technology volunteer or one of our knowledgeable Reference Librarians. These free 30-minute sessions provide an opportunity for you to get one-on-one technology help regarding your tablet, mobile device, or computer. The tech volunteers and reference librarians are happy to offer their assistance to provide solutions for your specific questions or learning needs. They can also help with instructions on downloading eBooks from the Cloud Library or Overdrive to your device.
Check the library calendar for the next “Tech Time: One on One” tech help date and call the Elsie Quirk Library Reference desk at 941-861-1207 to reserve a session. You can also find an assortment of other technology classes throughout Sarasota County libraries, all are open to the public and free of charge.
Technology can be intimidating, but our friendly staff wants to help make it a little less scary. Don’t be shy, stop by and let us know how we can help!
Here are the library events for this week:
- Stop by the library to get a great book or movie for the weekend!
- Elsie Quirk Library will be closed to celebrate Labor Day.
- Master Gardener Plant Clinic 10 a.m. – Noon. Stop in to get free answers to your Florida gardening and landscape questions. This is made possible through a partnership with UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County. For more information, call 941-861-9807 or online at sarasota.ifas.ufl.edu/hort/plantclinic.shtml.
- LEGO Club 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Work on your creations or build as a team. We provide the LEGOs, you provide the imagination!
- Family Storytime at 10:30 a.m. For ages 0-5. Interact and participate with your child in a variety of early literacy activities that include music, stories, movement, crafts and school readiness activities.
- Englewood Computer Club meets at 1:00 p.m.
- Quirky Knitters meet at 1:00 p.m.
- Author Talk: When Love is the Last Memory 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Join us for an intimate evening with bestselling author Mary Hogan, whose new novel, Left: A Love Story, was inspired by her real-life marriage to a man with early Alzheimer’s. Mary will be joined by a care-giving and memory support expert to expand the community conversation about the many issues related to Alzheimer’s and other dementia.
For more information on library programs, services, and resources visit us at 100 West Dearborn Street, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or visit our website at scgov.net.