Great news, Englewood! Elsie Quirk Library is proud to announce that we have Mobile Printing available! Now, you can print from your home computer, your Smartphone, or by emailing your documents directly to the Library’s print system – it’s easy and convenient! Print from your phone, tablet or device! Print from your couch! Print your email via email! (Whoa, Inception Email! Or, “The Printing Is Coming from Inside Your House!”)
Okay, so you may be asking yourself, “What exactly IS Mobile Printing, and why should I care?” Well, let me tell you all the ways that Mobile Printing will make your (Library) life SO much easier:
With our new MobilePrint Service, you can use your own computer or Smartphone to print to Elsie Quirk’s printer from just about anywhere! With a couple of clicks, you can send your documents to print at the Library, and then come on in to “release” (ßthat’s library-speak for “print”), and pick up your documents – and all you need is your Library Card!
How To Print from Your Computer at Home or Work:
- Go to printeron.net/scpl/elsie-quirk
- Welcome to the “Elsie Quirk Library Mobile Print Service” webpage, which has three blue tabs: “Printer,” “User Info,” and “Select Document.”
- The first blue tab – “Printer” – automatically defaults to Elsie Quirk’s Black and White public printer. This means, “Hooray, I don’t need to do anything! I can skip this tab completely!”
- The second blue tab – “User Info” – has a field where you enter your email address. The third blue tab – “Select Document” – has a “Browse” button that you click to find and select the file you want to print. You’ll either see a green “print” icon or a “forward arrow” icon (depending on what kind of computer you have), but whichever icon you see, click on it!
- You’ll be taken to a webpage that contains all your “printing information,” including how many total pages you want to print, how much your grand total will be ($0.15 per page), and where to go pick up your printing (Elsie Quirk, of course!), with that ubiquitous green “Printer” icon. Click on it! The screen will read “Your request has been processed” and you will receive a “Job Reference #:”
- Select “Release a Print Job” (ß Remember, that’s Library-speak for “Print My Stuff!”), enter your email address into the required field, and let the printing begin!
How to Print from Your Tablet or Smartphone (“there’s an app for that!”)
- Go to your app store and download, install and launch the “PrinterOn” app.
- Open up the app and look to the bottom of your screen, and tap on the words “No printer selected.” On the very next screen, at the bottom of this screen, tap on the Magnifying Glass icon labeled “Search.” The Search Bar will magically appear – enter “Elsie Quirk Library” and tap on the words “SCPL Elsie Quirk Public Library.”
- How To Print…
- Documents: When viewing onscreen the document you want to print, tap on the upper right corner and upload the document to the PrinterOn App.
- Photos: Open the PrinterOn App, tap on “Photo” and tap a photo to print; tap on the “SCPL Elsie Quirk Public Library” Printer and tap the “print” icon.
- Enter your email address and tap on the “check mark” onscreen.
- Come to Elsie Quirk, select “Release a Print Job” at the Print Release Station, enter your email address, and you’re ready to print!
How to Use Email to Send Something Directly to Elsie Quirk Library’s Print System:
- Open your email, begin a new message, and enter the email address email@example.com into the “To:” line. Come on into the Library, and select “Release a Print Job” at the Print Release Station.
- Enter your email address
So, the next time you need to print something on the run – boarding passes, Groupons, “BedBath&Beyond 20% Off One Item” coupons (wait, just me??), give our Mobile Printing service a try. Send whatever you want to print from the comfort of your home, office, chair, car – really, whatever and wherever! – and swing by Elsie Quirk Library to print and go!
Here are the library events for this week:
- Suncoast Writers Guild meets at 10:15 a.m.
- Spanish Storytime 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. For ages 3 to 11.Bilingual stories, songs and activities. Learn new words and practice language skills. Presented by library volunteer Lourdes Fuller.
- Englewood Indivisible meets at 2:15 p.m.
- Forty Carrots Partners in Play 10:15 a.m. OR 11:45 a.m. For children, up to age 5 with a parent or caregiver. A free class for you and your child to enjoy together. Experience new educational activities, join in circle-time fun, meet other families and receive valuable parenting and child development information. Attendance is limited to 12 families per session.
- Monday Night Movies at 5 p.m. The story of how the novel “Mrs. Dalloway” affects three generations of women. Based on the book “The Hours” by author Michael Cunningham. (PG-13, 1 hr., 50 mins.) Contact the library for movie titles.
- Master Gardener Plant Clinic 10 a.m. – Noon. Stop in to get free answers to your Florida gardening and landscape questions. This is made possible through a partnership with UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County. For more information, call 941-861-9807 or online at sarasota.ifas.ufl.edu/hort/plantclinic.shtml.
- Englewood Computer Club meets at 1 p.m.
- Teen Advisory Group (T.A.G.) 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. For ages 11-18. Join the Teen Advisory Group (T.A.G.) and share ideas for upcoming library programs and events.
- Family Storytime 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. For ages 0-5. Interact and participate with your child in a variety of early literacy activities that include music, stories, movement, crafts and school readiness activities.
- Quirky Knitters meet at 1:00 p.m.
- Rock Painting for Adults! 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Come to the Library for some Rock Painting fun. Drop in anytime between 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., and create your own self-guided Rock Art. Materials will be provided.
- Find Yourself at the Library and pick up a book or movie for the weekend!
For more information on library programs, services, and resources visit us at 100 West Dearborn Street, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or visit our website at scgov.net.