Has this every happened to you?
You’re busy-Busy-BUSY!!! Always on the go, out and about, running errands, doing weekly shopping, dropping one kid off here, then picking another one up there, and don’t forget to pick up that book you’ve been waiting three months for…when you reach for your phone and discover that your battery is down to 5%. “Oh no!! My watch, my alarm clock, my calendar, my contact list, my portable computer, my…LIFELINE is at 5%?? What am I going to do now?!”
Oh, friends. I have been That Person. So many times. There is nothing like the sheer panic of a four-hour flight and an iPad at 12%. Believe me when I say, “I understand.”
And so it gives me great delight to say, “Have no fear, Elsie Quirk is here!” Did you know that we have a courtesy Charging Station here in the Library? It’s located right by the newspapers, and it’s kitted out with a whole array of chargers for your iPhone, iPad, and Android devices and tablets. Just plug in, grab the paper (or, perhaps, a good book!), and settle right in and relax, as you and your phone – literally, figuratively – recharge your batteries. And once you’re feeling “fully charged,” and your phone matches your mood, off you go, once again ready to take on the day!
Charge your phone while you catch up on the morning headlines – just another reason to Find Yourself at the Library!
Here are the library events for this week:
- Suncoast Writers Guild – Long Writers Group meets at 10:30 a.m.
- Spanish Storytime 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. For ages 3-11. Enjoy bilingual stories, songs, and activities. Learn new words and practice language skills.
- Englewood Indivisible meets at 2:30 p.m.
- The Library is closed for Veterans Day.
- Master Gardener Plant Clinic 10 a.m. – Noon. Stop in to get free answers to your Florida gardening and landscape questions. This is made possible through a partnership with UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County. For more information, call 941-861-9807 or online at sarasota.ifas.ufl.edu/hort/plantclinic.shtml.
- Family Garden Club of Englewood meets at 10 a.m.
- Englewood Camera Club meets at 1:00 p.m.
- French Conversation Club meets at 10:00 a.m.
- Englewood Family History Class meets at 10:00 a.m.
- Englewood Genealogy Society meets at 12:45 p.m.
- T.E.A.M. Program: Super Cube Shuffle 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Ages 5-11. Learn about spatial relationships as you copy patterns with math blocks! Learn about Tangrams as you use the Osmo app to arrange puzzle pieces to match onscreen shapes. Registration is required and limited to 15 participants.
- Englewood Authors meets at 5:00 p.m.
- World Culture Club 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. For ages 11-18. Bring your friends and learn about different countries and cultures from around the world!
- Reading Discussion Group 10:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. The Reading Discussion Group meets the third Thursday of each month, November through April. November’s selection: The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin.
- Genealogy Research meets at 10:30 a.m. and at 1:00 p.m.
- Family Storytime 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. For ages 0-5. Interact and participate with your child in a variety of early literacy activities that include music, stories, movement, crafts and school readiness activities.
- Quirky Knitters meets at 12:45 p.m.
- Find Yourself at the Library and pick up a book or movie for the weekend!
For more information on library programs, services, and resources visit us at 100 West Dearborn Street, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or visit our website at scgov.net.