Have you heard about Hoopla? It’s the newest addition to the Sarasota County Libraries’ digital collection. It is a ground-breaking digital media service that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, eBooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet or phone and even your TV!
Hoopla has hundreds of thousands of titles for all ages to choose from with more being added daily. There is never any waiting, so titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later, and it’s all FREE with your Sarasota County Library card.
Families will enjoy the Hoopla for Kids Mode. It is a discovery tool where you’ll be able to find family-appropriate content. Young readers will be captivated by the new picture book experience. It has a read-along feature where text, pictures, and sound come to life with page-turning titles from Disney, Harper Collins and more.
Don’t have a Sarasota County Library card yet? What are you waiting for? Visit the library today and check out all the exciting services, programs and materials that we have to offer. Find Yourself at the Library and see what all the Hoopla is about!
Here’s what’s happening at the library this week:
- Suncoast Writers Guild – Long Writers meet at 10:15 a.m.
- Englewood Indivisible meets at 2:30 p.m.
- Forty Carrots Partners in Play 10:15 a.m. OR 11:45 a.m. For children, up to age 5 with a parent or caregiver. A free class for you and your child to enjoy together. Experience new educational activities, join in circle-time fun, meet other families and receive valuable parenting and child development information. Attendance is limited to 12 families per session.
- Read with the Dogs at 3:30 p.m. For ages 5-11. Children are invited to read with certified pet therapy dogs from Suncoast Humane Society. The program encourages conversation and develops reading and communication skills.
- Monday Night Movies at 5 p.m. In tonight’s film a young woman fakes her own death in an attempt to escape her nightmarish marriage, but discovers it is impossible to elude her controlling husband. (R, 99 mins.) Contact the library for movie titles.
- Master Gardener Plant Clinic 10 a.m. – Noon. Stop in to get free answers to your Florida gardening and landscape questions. This is made possible through a partnership with UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County. For more information, call 941-861-9807 or online at sarasota.ifas.ufl.edu/hort/plantclinic.shtml.
- Summer Shutterbugs meets at 1 p.m.
- Friends of Stump Pass Board meets at 3 p.m.
- Teen Advisory Group (T.A.G.) meets at 5:30 p.m. For ages 11-18. Come join the group and provide input and help with library programs.
- Englewood Camera Club Board meets at 10 a.m.
- Family Storytime at 10:30 a.m. For ages 0-5. Interact and participate with your child in a variety of early literacy and school readiness activities that feature stories, music and movement, and crafts. Today’s theme: “Under the Sea”
- Quirky Knitters meet at 1 p.m. to knit and chat.
- Stop in and check out a good book or movie for the weekend!
For more information on library programs, services, and resources visit us at 100 West Dearborn Street, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or visit our website at scgov.net.