Have you ever had a really busy day? When it seems like everything all day long is go-Go-GO? When you’re so busy you’re lucky your shoes match? When “Oh yeah, I’ve got to return my library books!” is the very last thing on your To-Do List…and you’ve totally forgotten about it, as your head is hitting the pillow? Oops.
If that sounds like you – or someone you may know! – I’ve got great news: We’ve got an app for that! Introducing the Sarasota County Libraries Mobile App, where all the content, information and tools you need is just a swipe of a fingertip away. Download our free app in iTunes or Google Play by searching “Sarasota County Libraries.” Be sure to look for the Find Yourself at the Library logo!
With our new mobile app, you have the freedom to access your library account on the go! You can browse the Library Catalog, place materials on hold, and renew items all from your smartphone or tablet. It’s easy to view upcoming events at Elsie Quirk Library, and add them to your calendar so you won’t forget! The mobile app provides access to digital services, such as Overdrive, Libby, Flipster, Freegal, and you can also get research help. It’s easy to view information about libraries’ locations and hours of operation, so if you need to return items or use a public computer, you’ll know where to go!
So, try the new Sarasota County Library mobile app today, and you’ll have 24/7 access to your library account, catalog, information, programs and events, and so much more! And if you have any questions or need help downloading the app to your device, stop by Elsie Quirk Library – We’re here for you!
Here are the library events for this week:
- Suncoast Writers Guild meets at 10 a.m.
- Spanish Story Time at 10:30 a.m. For ages 3 and up. Bilingual stories, songs, and activities. Learn new words and practice language skills.
- Englewood Computer Club meets at 1 p.m.
- Jungle Book Adventure Workshop 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m. For ages 5-11. Using Rudyard Kipling’s Jungle Book as inspiration, Asolo Rep’s theatrical workshops provide the opportunity for children to create their own storytelling jungle adventure. *Registration is required.
- Forty Carrots: Partners in Play 10:15 a.m. OR 11:45 a.m. For children, up to age 5 with a parent or caregiver. A free class for you and your child to enjoy together. Experience new educational activities, join in circle-time fun, meet other families and receive valuable parenting and child development information. Attendance is limited to 12 families per session.
- Read with the Dogs 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Children are invited to read with certified pet therapy dogs from Suncoast Humane Society. This program encourages conversation and develops reading and communication skills. The dogs love the attention and the kids love the interaction!
- Monday Night Movies at 5 p.m. In tonight’s film, a woman discovers a tragic love letter in a bottle on a beach, and is determined to track down its author. (PG-13, 2 hrs., 6 mins.) Contact the library for movie titles.
- Master Gardener Plant Clinic 10 a.m. – Noon. Stop in to get free answers to your Florida gardening and landscape questions. This is made possible through a partnership with UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County. For more information, call 941-861-9807 or online at sarasota.ifas.ufl.edu/hort/plantclinic.shtml.
- Reading Buddies 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. For ages 4-8. Practice reading with a buddy, or have someone read a book to you. Have fun while becoming a better reader. The volunteers are not trained experts, but some to listen and offer help when needed. *Registration is required.
- Englewood Camera Club meets at 12:30 p.m.
- Make It! 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. For ages 5-11. Use your imagination and creativity to make an original Do-It-Yourself thing!
- Athena: Wisdom & Wit meets at 11 a.m.
- Sounds Like Science! 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. For ages 5-11. The Mad Scientist unlocks the mystery of sounds using ordinary items to make spectacular noises!
- Englewood Authors meets at 5 p.m.
- Family Storytime at 10:30 a.m. For ages 0-5. Interact and participate with your child in a variety of early literacy activities that include music, stories, movement, crafts and school readiness activities.
- Quirky Knitters meet at 1 p.m.
- Grupo de Estudio Espanol (Spanish Study Group) meets at 10 a.m.
- Teen Coloring 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Come to this program for some relaxing coloring! A wide variety of coloring sheets and tools will be provided.
For more information on library programs, services, and resources visit us at 100 West Dearborn Street, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or visit our website at scgov.net.