Hello, Englewood – Let’s talk Tech! Do you have a computer or technology question, but are too afraid to ask? Have no fear, Elsie Quirk is here! If you have questions, we’ve got answers.
TECH TIME: One-on-One Help with a Librarian is your opportunity to reserve a 30-minute appointment with a reference librarian, who is at your service, ready to provide customized, personalized help with any tech questions, issues, or questions that may keep you up at night. (Here’s mine: “How do I install pop-up blocker software onto my iPad??”).
On Thursday, January 24th from 10-12pm, we are here to help – ask us anything! – so just call Elsie Quirk Library at 941-861-1207 to reserve your 30-minute appointment. Or, if you happen to be in the neighborhood, swing by the Reference Desk, and sign up in-person.
So why not treat yourself to some TECH TIME? If you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers!
So, come Find Yourself at the Library. We’re happy to help!
Here are the library events for this week:
- Suncoast Writers Guild meets at 10:15 a.m.
- LEGO Club 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. For ages 5-9. Work on your own creations or build as a team. We provide the LEGOs, you provide the imagination!
The Library will be closed for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday.
- Master Gardener Plant Clinic 10 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Stop in to get free answers to your Florida gardening and landscape questions. This is made possible through a partnership with UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County. For more information, call 941-861-9807 or online at sarasota.ifas.ufl.edu/hort/plantclinic.shtml.
- Englewood Camera Club meets at 1:00 p.m.
- iPad for Beginners: Part 2 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. This class builds on the “iPads for Beginners: Part 1” class. Topics will include using email, saving and sharing files, organizing apps, and How to Download eBooks to your iPad. iPads are available for class attendees to use, or you are welcome to bring your own! Registration is required and limited to 10 participants. (Don’t forget to bring your Sarasota Library card!)
- Englewood Family History Class meets at 10:00 a.m.
- French Conversation Club meets at 10:00 a.m.
- Teen Book Club 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. For ages 13-18. Hang out with us and join in on our monthly book discussion. Contact the Library (941-861-1200) for this month’s book title.
- TECH TIME: One-on-One Help with a Librarian 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. A Reference Librarian will be available for help with eBooks, computer basics, and answer any questions about your electronic devices. Reserve a 30-minute session today!
- Englewood Modern Quilters meet at 10:00 a.m.
- Family Storytime at 10:30 a.m. For ages 0-5. Interact and participate with your child in a variety of early literacy activities that include music, stories, movement, crafts and school readiness activities.
- Quirky Knitters meet at 1 p.m.
- Basic Conversational Spanish Class for Beginners 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (There are no more seats available for this event, and registration is closed.)
- Spanish Reading Group 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. This is a class for those who can read/speak basic Spanish and reading is at the beginning Intermediate level. To register, contact Señor Dan: email@example.com
For more information on library programs, services, and resources visit us at 100 West Dearborn Street, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or visit our website at scgov.net.