Students are back to school and getting back into their daily routines. Inevitably homework will most likely be part of those routines. If you get stuck and need some help there’s no need to worry, homework help is available 24/7 at the library! Sarasota County Libraries offer a wide variety of online resources that are available for use in the library and from home. All you need is an internet enabled device and your Sarasota County Library Card.
If you’re in need of an encyclopedia to complete homework assignments or just looking for information, try World Book Online. It is a suite of online research tools that includes encyclopedia articles, primary source collections, educator tools, student activities, pictures, audio and video, complemented by current periodicals and related websites.
The Florida Electronic Library is another online resource that provides access to electronic magazines, newspapers, almanacs, encyclopedias and books. The K-12 resources available are homework help galore! It offers a wide array of reliable, easy to use online resources for elementary, middle and high school students.
If you prefer a more personal approach you can chat, text or email a Florida librarian for research help through the Ask a Librarian service. Ask a Librarian is a human search engine that provides Florida residents with virtual reference service via live chat and text messaging 10 a.m. to midnight, Sunday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Ask a Librarian is administered by the Tampa Bay Library Consortium.
To view all Sarasota County Library online resources, visit our website at scgov.net/library. Sit back and relax, we’ve got the answers to questions you didn’t even know to ask, at the library!
Here’s what’s happening at the library this week:
- Spanish Study Group meets at 10:15 a.m.
- Suncoast Writers Guild Workshop at 10:15 a.m.
- Englewood Indivisible meets at 2:30 p.m.
- Monday Night Movies at 5 p.m. In tonight’s film is about acclaimed writer and historian Deborah E. Lipstadt who must battle for historical truth to prove the Holocaust actually occurred when David Irving, a renowned denier, sues her for libel. (Rated PG-13, 2hrs 2mins.) Contact the library for movie titles.
- Pioneer Days Planning Meeting at 6 p.m.
- Master Gardener Plant Clinic 10 a.m. – Noon. Get free answers to your Florida gardening and landscaping questions. This is made possible through a partnership with UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County.
- Friends of Stump Pass Board Meeting at 3 p.m.
- Southwest Homeowners Alliance meets at 10:15 a.m.
- No Story Time Today
- Quirky Knitters meet at 1 p.m.
For more information on library programs, services, and resources visit us at 100 West Dearborn Street, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or visit our website at scgov.net.