The Great Books Discussion Group meets on the first Thursday of each month at 10:15 a.m. in the small conference room on the second floor of the library.
For November and December, we will finish Great Conversations 2 and then go on to Great Conversations 4. A copy of Great Conversations 2 and 4 are available in a desk draw by the reference librarian. You may also buy an inexpensive copy through Amazon or even on e-bay. We encourage new members to join.
For more information feel free to contact George Mahoney: 941-474-7685 or email@example.com.
- Thurs., Nov. 3 – Distributive Justice by John Rawls, GC 2
- Thurs., Dec. 1 – What We Talk about when we Talk about Love by Raymond Carver, GC 2 Thurs., Jan. 5 – Meno by Plato, GC 4
- Thurs., Feb. 2- The Life of Nicias by Plutarch, GC 4
- Thurs., March 2, 2016 – To Perpetual Peace, by Immanuel Kant, GC 4
- Thurs., April 6, 2016 – The Chilean Earthquake, GC 4