“Build a Better World” is the theme of this year’s summer learning program at the library. Sarasota County libraries offer a full schedule of programming for children, teens, and adults every summer at each of the nine library locations. Thanks to the generosity of the Friends of the Library organizations, a variety of programs have been designed to stimulate imaginations, encourage creativity and support continued learning. Programs will include, Artists in the Libraries, workshops by the Asolo Repertory Theater, special guest performances, book discussions, story times, games, crafts and much more! At Elsie Quirk Library the summer learning programs will start with a Kick-Off Celebration for children, teens, and families on June 8 and run through August 8.
Visit the library to pick up a copy of the Youth Summer Activities Guide or a calendar listing of adult programs. Library staff will help you get registered and on your way to “Build a Better World.” Be sure to track your progress as you go with a Summer Learning Log for children, teens and adults too. Prizes and incentives will be awarded along the way as Learning Logs and activities are completed, and also receive a chance to win a grand prize at the end of the summer. A complete listing of all programs can be viewed online at www.scgov.net/library. Make plans now to participate and have fun reading and learning this summer at the library.
- BUILD a better world. Build a better community. Build a better mind.
- READ every day. Complete the Summer Learning Log for a chance to win a grand prize!
- EXPLORE your library’s FREE activities, movies, music, books, computers and more!
- REGISTER by visiting your local library or online at scgov.net/library.
Here are the library events for this week:
- Spanish/Bilingual Story Time at 10:30 a.m. Children ages 3-11 are invited to join volunteer Lourdes Fuller for a fun, interactive time with bilingual stories, songs and activities.
- OWOW – Fiction Writers meets at 11:30 a.m.
- Sarasota County Libraries and Government offices will be closed to observe Memorial Day.
- Master Gardener Plant Clinic 10:00 a.m. – Noon. Stop in to get free answers to your Florida gardening and landscape questions. This is made possible through a partnership with UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County. For more information, call 941-861-9807 or online at http://sarasota.ifas.ufl.edu/hort/plantclinic.shtml.
- Become a Friend of the Library today! Visit the Friends Bookstore for more information.
- The Knitting Club meets to knit and chat at 1:00 p.m.
- No programs to report today.
For more information on library programs, services, and resources visit us at 100 West Dearborn Street, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or visit our website at www.scgov.net/library.