Are you election ready? You must be at least 18 years old, a legal citizen of the United States, and a legal resident of Florida to be registered to vote. You also must be registered to vote at least 29 days before you can vote in an election. Stop by Elsie Quirk Library to pick up your voter registration form today. You can register to vote, make a change, or update your voter information. Simply fill out the form completely, turn it in at the front desk and we’ll gladly forward it on to the Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Office for you or you may send it in by U.S. mail. Once your registration form is received by the Supervisor of Elections and you are qualified as a voter, a voter information card will be mailed to you as official confirmation that you are registered to vote. The registration deadline for the November 8, 2016 General Election is October 11, 2016. Don’t delay register to vote today! You can also access the most up-to-date voting information at www.sarasotavotes.com or by calling (941) 861-5000.
Here’s what’s happening at the library this week:
- Spanish/Bilingual Story Time at 10:30am for ages 3-11. Join volunteer Lourdes Fuller for a fun, interactive time with bilingual stories, songs and activities. Everyone welcome.
- Forty Carrots Partners in Play at 10:15 am and 11:15 am. For children up to age 5 and their parent or caregiver. This class is a chance for you to be a partner in your child’s playtime. Forty Carrots’ learning materials give your child a chance to use his motor skills, while you chat with trained parenting educators. Each session is limited to 12 families on a first come, first served basis.
- Monday Night Movie at 5:00 pm. In tonight’s film sparks fly when spirited Elizabeth Bennet meets single, rich, and proud Mr. Darcy. But Mr. Darcy reluctantly finds himself falling in love with a woman beneath his class. Can each overcome their own pride and prejudice? (PG, 129 minutes, 2005)
- Drop in for the Master Gardener Plant Clinic in partnership with UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County from 10 am to noon. For more information, call 941-861-1307 or visit, http://sarasota.ifas.ufl.edu/Hort/horthelp.shtml.
- Englewood Genealogy Society meets from 1:00 – 3:30pm for their general meeting. Everyone welcome.
- Minecraft Afterschool at 3:30-4:45pm for ages 7-11. Unleash your imagination as you play Minecraft on the Xbox (360 Edition). Explore, build and conquer. A tutorial mode is available for beginners.
- Family Storytime begins at 10:30 am and is open to ages birth through 5. Enjoy interacting with your child by participating in early literacy activities that will include music and movement, books, crafts, and educational activities. This week’s theme is “Swimming”.
- The Knitting Club will meet to knit and chat from 1 pm to 3 pm.
- No library events to report.
For more information on library programs, services, and resources visit us at 100 West Dearborn Street, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or visit our website at www.scgov.net/library.