This coming Friday, December 30, the Elsie Quirk Library will be hosting bestselling author, Ann Charles. Ann will present an informative program for both readers and fellow authors. This award-winning author will share tips for writing multiple book series and the realities of what it takes to become a financially successful, indie writer. Ms. Charles is the author of the Deadwood Mystery series, the Jackrabbit Junction Mystery series, and the Dig Site Mystery series as well as multiple short stories. Ann has won numerous awards including the Daphne du Maurier Excellence in Mystery/Suspense as well as the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart Award. Registration is required for this program and can be completed online at www.scgov.net/library.
All Sarasota County Library branches and County offices will be closed today in observance of the holidays. We will re-open on Tuesday, December 27th at 10 am.
Happy Holidays from the staff at Elsie Quirk!
Here are the Elsie Quirk Library events for this week:
- Drop in for the Master Gardener Plant Clinic in partnership with UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County from 10 am to noon. For more information, call 941-861-1307 or visit, http://sarasota.ifas.ufl.edu/Hort/horthelp.shtml.
- Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead-Math is from 3:30 to 4:30 pm. Learn about and enjoy the math behind your favorite activities. Based on the Bedtime Math This program occurs on the 4th Tuesday of each month. Registration is open to ages 5 through 11 and limited to 12 participants.
- The French Conversation Club meets at 10 am.
- Minecraft Play meets from 3:45 pm to 5 pm on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. Unleash your imagination as you play on Xbox 360. Explore, build and conquer. A tutorial mode is available for beginners. Youth ages 7 to 13 are invited to participate.
- Edgar Cayce Book Discussion starts at 6 pm.
- Family Storytime returns in January.
- The Knitting Club will meet to knit and chat from 1 to 3 pm.
- Meet Author, Ann Charles at 2 pm. Registration required.
For more information on library programs, services, and resources visit us at 100 West Dearborn Street, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or visit our website at www.scgov.net/library.